In this Naked Greens Superfood Powder review I’m going to go over the benefits of using this Green superfood powder from NKD Nutrition, the raw ingredients, how and when to take it, my experience using it, the ingredients, where to buy it, and finally my review summary with pros and cons.
Naked Greens Superfood Powder is a premium daily greens powder with a blend of six different organic vegetables and grasses along with organic prebiotic, organic adaptogens, organic ginseng, and probiotics. This superfood greens supplement has been formulated by NKD Nutrition to provide a daily blend of over 2 servings of vegetables and grasses that promote detoxification, gut health, immune system support, and general stress reduction according to NKD Nutrition.
We love that Naked Nutrition is committed to reducing the steps between their farms and their consumers which shows bigger-picture thinking within the company and how it can help do its part for the environment.
Naked Greens Superfood Powder Review – Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of taking Naked Greens Superfood Powder?
- What’s in Naked Greens Powder?
- How and when is the best time to take Naked Greens?
- How it tastes and my experience taking it
- Where to buy Naked Nutrition’s Naked Greens
- Naked Nutrition Review Summary with Pros and Cons
The Benefits of Naked Greens Superfood Powder
Like all superfood powder drinks, Naked Greens is a very efficient way to get your daily nutrients. It only takes 30 seconds to scoop up some powder, add 8-16 oz. of water, shake, and drink it. So it’s definitely a smart healthy-life-hack due to the time saved and nutrients absorbed, but what are the purported health-related benefits of a daily dietary green superfood supplement like Naked Greens?
- Mental clarity and sustained energy that doesn’t spike like the effects of sugars. This is something that I noticed while superfood powders. I think it really helps to have a morning ritual that forces you to drink 12 oz. of water when mixed with this green superfood powder. Water is so important in our diet so hydrating with Naked Greens powder is a bonus.
- Supports gut health due to the probiotic ingredient.
- Supports your general health by giving your body healthy nutrients.
- Reduces general stress and frustrations by balancing hormones already within the normal range thanks to the Ashwagandha ingredient. I feel more well rounded during my day to day tasks.
- Supports the immune system due to the superfoods that contain vitamins and minerals.
- Detoxifies your body by supporting the flushing out of toxins.
- Healthy skin. Some studies have shown that the organic vegetables and grasses in Naked Greens may help promote healthy hair, skin, and nails. I definitely feel like my skin has a better complexion since eating more plants.
What are the Ingredients of Naked Greens Superfood Powder?
Naked Nutrition’s Naked Greens only contains 10 clean ingredients and is vegan, has no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors, is GMO-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. The ingredients of Naked Greens Superfood Powder with individual benefits (sourced from Highya.com) are:
- Organic Wheatgrass – Contains high levels of chlorophyll, which is claimed to “cleanse and regenerate” the blood.
- Organic Spirulina – High in protein, iron, and calcium, which may provide energy and strength.
- Organic Broccoli – A good carb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
- Organic Alfalfa Grass – Alfalfa has been shown to help lower cholesterol, and may also have benefits for blood sugar control and relieving symptoms of menopause. People also take it for its high content of antioxidants, vitamins C and K, copper, folate, and magnesium. [sourced from Healthline.com]
- Organic Kale – Is packed with vitamins including vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K! Kale also contains important minerals like manganese, potassium, and copper. Kale also contains a broad range of antioxidants including quercetin which has anti-viral properties and may treat the common cold. The kale carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin concentrate in the eye and may play a role in preventing optic conditions like macular degeneration and cataracts. Kale also contains good fat and fiber. (source – drperlmutter.com)
- Organic Spinach – An excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate … copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium … and vitamin C
- Ashwagandha – An adaptogen that’s claimed to increase mental focus, lower blood pressure, and boost the immune system.
- Organic Prebiotics – are high in special types of fiber that support digestive health. They promote the increase of friendly bacteria in the gut, help with various digestive problems, and even boost your immune system. Prebiotic foods have also been shown to improve metabolic health and even help prevent certain diseases.
- Organic Panax Ginseng – Is a plant that is thought to improve memory and thinking skills. It also adds some flavor to Naked Greens
- Probiotics – Are made up of good bacteria that help keep your body healthy. This good bacteria helps fight off bad bacteria when you have too much of it, helping you feel better. Probiotics are part of a larger picture concerning bacteria and your body — your microbiome.
How and when to drink Naked Greens Superfood Powder
Naked Nutrition’s Naked Greens is intended to be taken in the morning as a dietary supplement – for you to really benefit from the superfood ingredients it’s best to drink it daily. I personally like to mix one scoop (a measuring scoop is provided in the container) of powder with around 12 oz. of cold water because it’s convenient, but some may find the taste a little too natural for the pallet, with strong notes of broccoli and ginseng.
A natural taste is good, however, as this is generally a good indicator that no artificial flavors or sweeteners have been added, which would completely defeat the point of taking a healthy all-natural supplement like this. For those who want a bit of a sweeter flavor but still get the benefits of the ingredients of Naked Greens, you can mix the powder with almond milk or a smoothie. Using water keeps the process simple and fast though, which is what I like about superfood powders.
Naked Nutrition states that you can get 35 servings from each container which is enough for a monthly supply of green goodness. Naked Nutrition also make several vegan protein powders including Pea Protein, Rice Protein, or Powdered Peanut Butter options. All of their raw vegan protein powders contain only one ingredient, stripping out unnecessary additives which we love!
What does Naked Greens taste like and my experiences while taking it
As you can see from the image above, Naked Greens Superfood powder is very fine so it mixes very well with water or liquids like almond milk.
I like the taste of Naked Greens but think it could be improved with some coconut or possibly mint as there is definitely a strong flavor of broccoli and ginseng in it.
I personally drink Naked Greens with water very quickly as I’m not enjoying this daily supplement for its taste – I’m drinking it for its health benefits which are noticeable in my day-to-day. Some of these benefits that I have noticed include more stable energy levels throughout the day and better focus because of it, better skin condition, feeling less stressed, and generally an overall feeling of balance within my body and running training.
Where to buy Naked Nutrition Naked Greens Superfood Powder
You can buy Naked Super Greens Powder at nkdnutrition.com for $29.99 which is very reasonably priced when you look at some of the competitors’ superfood green powders. It’s also available on Amazon via the link below. At both stores, you’ll get further discounts when you buy as a monthly subscription but I recommend just trying it for a month first to see how you get on with it before subscribing.
Also available on Amazon.com below:
Naked Greens Superfood Powder Review Summary
I hope you enjoyed reading this Naked Greens Superfood Powder Review, If you have any questions please leave them in the comments down below.