For a long time, I avoided reviewing products containing CBD (cannabidiol), and for no real reason really, other than the Marijuana stigma attached to it, which by the way is completely unjustified as CBD is derived from Hemp, not Marijuana, and as such has no addictive properties to it. I have since learned more about CBD and experienced the benefits first-hand of using Venga CBD’s THC-Free CBD products to help relieve pain, speed up recovery, improve my sleep, fight inflammation and reduce stress.
This review covers the benefits of using Venga CBD THC-Free products for endurance athletes (trail running in my case), shares information about Venga CBD as a brand/business, why Venga CBD is different from other CBD products on the market, my personal experience of using their products for training, racing, and recovery, and finally where you can buy it using our exclusive 10% OFF coupon code.
Table of Content
- The Benefits of CBD for athletes
- About Venga CBD (company, founders, etc)
- What makes Venga CDB products different from the rest
- My personal experience using Venga CBD for training, racing, and recovery
- Where to purchase, and our exclusive 10% OFF Venga CBD coupon code revealed
The benefits of CBD for athletes
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a plant-based, all-natural, anti-inflammatory, pain relief supplement that is well-suited for the endurance athletes’ therapeutic needs. CBD does this by
working in synergy with existing systems within the body to help alleviate pain, inflammation, soreness, loss of mobility, stress, anxiety, and insomnia.
The key benefits of Venga CBD for athletes
- THC-free – which means it’s legal in racing. WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) has removed THC-Free CBD from the list of banned substances.
- According to Venga studies, 5x more CBD absorbs into your bloodstream than alternatives, due to Venga CBD’s proprietary nano-emulsion technology.
- Medical grade, phytocannabinoid-rich hemp.
- It’s an all-natural, plant-based compound and toxin-free.
- Federally legal in the USA.
- You cannot overdose on CBD, it’s non-addictive, and it will not get you high.
These products can help endurance athletes in 6 out of 8 critical areas of endurance life. According to Venga CBD, for endurance athletes to maintain a resilient body there are 8 areas of endurance life that must be managed and prioritized. Venga CBD calls it the endurance octagon (pictured below). CBD can play a significant role in helping keep 6 of
the 8 areas of the octagon in balance.
About Venga CBD
The company was founded in Colorado by Jay O’Hare and is now run by Jay and Dave Wittlinger, who focuses on sales, marketing, and partnerships for the company. They are both endurance athletes and so understand the benefits of CBD for sports well. As a trail and ultrarunner, Jay noticed the effectiveness of how CDB was helping his running, injury recovery, and pain management. This is what sparked his journey to create a company that brings medical-grade CBD to the endurance sports community.
I really like that Venga CBD also gives back to the planet on every purchase! They’ll plant a tree on your behalf in one of 5 areas of your choice: Colorado, California, Oregon, Florida or British Columbia.
What separates Venga CDB from other CBD products?
Venga CBD products have been formulated specifically with endurance athletes in mind. For example, their Ultra Gels product has:
- Precise dosing. This makes the capsules fast to take, convenient, and of course accurate. Whether you choose to take one on the trails, on your bike or after your morning shower, Ultra Gels are superior to the dropper, squirt-and-wait methods.
- 5x absorbance into the bloodstream. Ultra Gels are formulated using a patent-pending water-soluble nano-emulsion technology which creates CBD oil droplets so small that according to Venga CBD, you’ll get more than 80% absorption into your body compared to only about 15% from typical products.
- Double the Anti-Inflammation. Ultra Gels are infused with Curcumin (derived from Turmeric) which helps to decrease pain and inflammation.
- They use medical-grade Hemp. The Hemp that Venga CBD use for their products contains over 100 cannabinoids to aid the effectiveness of CBD.
The first two products released by Venga CBD were the Ultra Gels (capsules) and the Recovery Balm. The Ultra Gels are designed to work from the inside of the body while the Recovery Balm works from the outside. Two simple products to alleviate buyer confusion while at the same time covering 100% of an athlete’s CBD needs, the day-to-day, training, and recovery. There’s now a new addition to their product lineup called Aid Station – CBD Gummies, designed to be taken during intense/challenging runs or cycle rides.
My personal experience using Venga CBD for training, racing, and recovery
I have been using all three Venga CBD products for over 1 month and have definitely noticed the benefits for my trail running training and race performance. I now feel like I have a solution for getting myself out of those pain cave moments as and when needed.
I have also noticed benefits in my day-to-day life but most notably for my more relaxed mindset while running tough trail routes that challenge my mental game, and also improved recovery time; more on that below!
In the subsections below I list the products I have been using for different aspects of endurance training and daily life, and also my experiences using them.
1. Ultra Gels for daily life and training blocks
For my daily routine during a training cycle, I have been taking 1 Venga CBD Ultra Gel capsule each morning. This has been a really convenient way to get the general benefits from CBD when I need it most, during heavy training blocks. Ultra Gels are formulated to:
- help alleviate any pain during long training sessions &
- speed up recovery to help me get back out
there more regularly.
- enhance sleep; the most important time for your body to heal and recharge.
- fight inflammation to allow me to train more consistently.
- reduce stress and anxiety which helps me stay focused, calm and moving forward.
Venga CBD Ultra Gels at vengaendurance.com
What’s extra special about the Ultra Gels is that they are infused with Curcumin for extra anti-inflammation properties, and they use a water-soluble nano-emulsion technology which creates CBD oil droplets so small that you’ll get more than 80% absorption into your body. The video below explains this really well.
2. Aid Station CBD Gummies for intense training and trail running races
I have been using Aid Station CBD Gummies during long training runs and tough trail races. I used them recently during a couple of European mountain races: Matterhorn Ultraks and UTMB OCC. Both very tough races that I was so thankful to have them with me for. I stashed 4 Aid Station CBD Gummies in my Janji [Re]Run Cap zip pocket during my Matterhorn Ultraks 30km race, a pretty good use for that pocket I thought! I wanted a solution for when I hit the wall and entered the pain cave, these CBD gummies helped me find my way out much faster than I normally would have. They seem to be very fast-acting too which is great because you don’t want to be in the pain cave for long, trust me!
Venga CBD Aid Station CBD Gummies at vengaendurance.com
3. Recovery Balm to help improve muscle recovery time.
Most notably though was the success I have been experiencing with the Recovery Balm product. I first noticed its power when I was in Europe for Matterhorn Ultraks 30k and the UTMB OCC 56km 5 days later. I wouldn’t normally stack races so close to one another, but when I was offered the opportunity to run both of these races, how could I refuse!? Anyway, I used the Recovery Balm on my leg muscles after Matterhorn Ultraks and felt repaired and ready to run UTMB OCC 5 days later.
That impressed me but what really blew me away was just how good my legs felt the day after UTMB OCC which saw me running 57km, with 3200 meters of positive gain for 10.5 hours. That’s a long time for me to be running on such steep mountain terrain. I can only attribute it to the Venga CBD Recovery Balm I smothered over my legs the night of the race. Kudos to Venga CBD with this Recovery Balm, it’s a pretty amazing product!
Venga CBD Recovery Balm at vengaendurance.com
Where to buy Venga CBD products?
At the moment Venga CBD is only available at vengaendurance.com. If you would like to improve your endurance game by adding these recovery tools to your training arsenal then make sure you use our exclusive coupon code TRAILKALE10 for 10% off your order.
Get 10% OFF your Venga CBD order with code: TRAILKALE10