Featured image photo credit: Oriol Batista
The Sky Pirineu, with 36km and 2600m of positive gain, is pure Sky Running. With start and finish in Bagà, the last race of the calendar of the Migu Run Skyrunner World Series 2019, runs through some of the most emblematic places of the Cadí Moixeró Natural Park, with an ascent to the highest refuge of the Eastern Pyrenees, Niu de l ‘Àliga (2510m); with its passage through Penyes Altes (2260m) or the descent for ‘Empedrats’
When does it take place?
- October – please check the race website for this year’s exact dates.
Where does the race start?
- Bagà – Spain
Sky Pirineu Profile
- Distance = 37 km
- Elevation Gain = 2,575m
Sky Pirineu Reviews
Compulsory Gear for the Sky Pirineu
- Cell Phone
- Thermal blanket
- All-mountain trail shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof Trousers
- Hat or buff that covers the entire head.
- Reusable Collapsible Soft water cup for water
- Water container and Race Vest (Men’s / Women’s)
Please visit the race website to check you have all items on the list of mandatory gear.
Recommended Gear for this race
- Food reserves: gels, bars, fruit…
- GPS Device/ watch with the track of the Race and/or a map of the terrain
- Running Poles
- First Aid Kit (bandage, tape, lint, analgesic, antihistamine, saline solution).