Run-Hiking in Marin California
Join us as we go run-hiking in Marin California once again. Starting off at Bon Tempe Lake (where you can park your car for the day, for $8), we take the Rocky Ridge Road trail skyward. We eventually reach Rock Springs Lagunitas Road and then join Laurel Dell Fire Road.
After some time we hit Ridge Crest Boulevard, which would be another great location for parking should you wish to explore trails starting from a higher point. It is absolutely stunning up there with 360 degree views of Marin, including Stinson Beach, Mount Tamalpais and San Francisco City if you look to the horizon.
After taking lots of photos and more video, we headed back the same way we came, until we reached Cateract Trail, just off the Laurel Dell Fire Road.
The Cateract Trail is busier with some adventurous tourists looking to take in the beautiful Cateract Falls. The trail, in this direction, is a steady downhill run or hike on a single track trail, so get ready to deal with oncoming tourist traffic around the blind corners. Eventually, we made a right turn onto Helen Market Trail which continues down to Alpine Lake, running beside the water. The trail then split and we took Kent Trail all the way back to Bon Tempe Lake. Scroll down to see our Strava activity which shows our complete route with elevation and distance data.
If you're looking to book your next trail run-cation we recommend using Cheapoair to do it through. They offer flight & hotel bookings, car rentals and also complete packages which will save you money. Use code WORLD30 for up to $30 off your run-cation trip, courtesy of Trail & Kale. Click the banner above to make a booking (affiliate link that helps keep us "running").
Another fantastic day on the trails but isn’t every day a good day when spent outdoors?
- Trail & Kale Classic Trail Running Trucker Hat – (Alastair)
- Inov-8 Trailroc 285 – (Alastair)
- Inov-8 Trailroc 285 Women’s – (Helen)
- Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR Baro
- Nathan Speed – (Alastair – Thank you to Holabird Sports)
- Nathan Speedster – (Helen – Thank you to Holabird Sports)
- Salomon Skirt – (Helen)
Thanks for watching, please like this video if you enjoyed it, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more trail running related videos.
Strava Activity in case you would like to run/hike the same route:
And don’t forget to join our Strava Run Club whilst you’re there 🙂
You may also like:
- Up and down Mount Tamalpais – Trail Running in Marin California
- Our review of the Inov-8 Trailtalon 235 trail running shoes worn in this video.
- Tennessee Valley Beach Trail Run, Marin California
- Trail Running in Mount Tamalpais State Park, California
- Trail Running in Marin California
- What To Pack For Trail Running: Essentials To Carry
- What To Wear Trail Running: Essential Trail Running Clothing