Every year around Memorial Day, REI Co-op has its biggest sale of the year offering discounts of up to 30% OFF outdoor adventure gear.
This year’s REI Anniversary Sale will be on between May 20 and May 30, 2022 so if there’s outdoor gear, including large toys such as bikes and kayaks, that you’ve had your eye on then now is the time to do it.
Read on for top deals you shouldn’t miss out on in this year’s REI anniversary sale! Plus, to see all deals and discounts in sale items at REI, click here [sales go live on May 20, 2022 – bookmark this page to come back then!]
Benefits of being an REI Co-op member – Before you buy with REI, consider becoming a member for extra benefits. We have been REI members since moving to the USA, and love that REI is a co-op and invests in causes that we care about.
In the REI Anniversary sale, REI Co-op members save 20% on one full-price item and an extra 20% on one REI Outlet item. This is reason alone to sign up – you’ll get your lifetime membership fee instantly covered once you spend more than $150 in eligible items covered by this offer – not to mention that REI membership entitles you to other benefits, including:
- a member dividend of 10% back on what you spend, in spring each year
- access to exclusive member-only events and sales on new and used gear
- 20% of in-store services such as bike and snow gear servicing
- 33% off gear rentals.
To learn more about REI’s values, what they do, and what makes them different, and see the full list of benefits, click the button below for more details (you can also sign up here):
2021’s Deals [Will Be Update For 2022 On May 20, 2022!]:
1. Garmin Fenix 6 Pro GPS Watch (21% OFF)
The Garmin Fenix 6 Pro series of GPS watches are our top choice for trail running and hiking with, hence it sitting at the top of our Best GPS Watches for Trail Running Buyer’s Guide. Some features that set the Fenix 6 Pro apart from the competition are:
- Navigation – I love being able to quickly create a course on Garmin Connect, based on heat maps of where other Garmin users love to run the most. I can then transfer that route to my Fenix GPS watch and follow the route with a detailed navigation screen whilst I run. The key difference here is that the navigation screen is so detailed (with proper maps) that it’s nearly impossible to get lost because you can even see the trails/routes you shouldn’t take, rather than just the route your following. I use this feature ALL the time to find and run new trails.
- Pulse OX Sensor – For altitude acclimation or sleep monitoring, a Pulse Ox2 sensor uses light beams at your wrist to gauge how well your body is absorbing oxygen. Super useful when running at altitude or when used as an extra indicator for current fitness levels. ALL Fenix 6 Pro GPS watches now include this as standard, awesome!
- Battery Life – Although all the Fenix 6 Pro watches have more than enough battery life for most people, the Fenix 6X Pro (the larger of the 3 Fenix 6 Pro watches) has the most impressive with up to 60 hours in normal GPS mode and 120 hours in max battery GPS mode which logs GPS location less frequently.
- HR Monitor – The on-wrist heart rate monitor is accurate and more comfortable than a chest strap. This even works underwater, so you can track your heart rate while swimming, now that’s impressive.
- Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, and Actionable Features – For accurate altitude/elevation tracking and weather tracking. When following a programmed course, you can set a real-time ‘ghost’ competitor which shows a marker on the watch to motivate you to keep up with it, this can even be your fastest time running that route, very cool. When navigating a course you can also see the route profile with elevation gained and elevation remaining. I love this for being able to quickly visualize how much climbing I have left to crank out.
Those features are just some of the reasons why I rate the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro to be the best GPS watch for trail running. Click the link below to learn about all the cool features on this watch and grab that elusive 21% discount!
TIP: If you have small wrists or prefer to run minimally with a smaller watch and less weight on your wrist then the Fenix 6S Pro is for you, If on the other hand, you want a slightly larger watch face for a medium-sized wrist then go for the Fenix 6 Pro, and if you want the extended battery life then look at the Fenix 6X Pro.
2. Nike Terra Kiger 6 Trail Running Shoes (25% OFF)
Be it rocky, rutted or buttery smooth, take on whatever the trail throws at you with the protection and close, connected ground-feel of the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6 trail-running shoes. We reviewed the Terra Kiger 5 here, which has the same great feel so have a read of that out if you’d like to learn more about the Terra Kiger line.
3. Salomon Advanced Skin 5 Set Hydration Vest (30% OFF)
Rated number 1 on our Best Hydration Packs for Trail Running Buyer’s Guide, the Salomon Advanced Skin 5 Set features Sensifit construction offers a snug, precise, comfortable fit and balances the load between the front and the back, so you can move quickly and freely. With an innovative elastic sternum-strap design allows you to adjust and connect your pack quickly while on the move; with non-constricting breathing during intense activity.
The pack can carry poles and accessories too and comes with 2x 500ml soft flasks that due to the design of soft flasks, will stay balanced as you run, with zero sloshing or bouncing. It also has multiple solutions for storing collapsible running poles and comes with a little whistle, an item that’s often required in mountain races. This race vest is my top choice for trail running distances from 10km to 50 miles.
Weight: 228g (8oz) without bottles / Storage Capacity: 5 Liters
4. Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Running Poles (25% OFF)
At 10 oz. for a pair, the Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles are the gold standard for lightweight, collapsible trail running poles which is why they earn the ‘best trail running poles’ title. The Distance Carbon Z poles are made with carbon, which is why they’re so lightweight and they are also designed to fold up into 3 small pieces, which is important if you need to store them back in your hydration pack while not in use.
Black Diamond‘s latest Distance Carbon Z’s joint support has been further improved, making them 30% stiffer, and they’re now more durable with reinforcements around the locking mechanism and upper shaft. There are also non-scarring rubber tips and a lightweight EVA foam grip.
5. Trigger Point Performance Mobility Kit (25% OFF)
The Trigger Point Performance Mobility Kit provides on-the-go relief for muscle aches and pains with an orange grid roller, a 2.6 in. massage ball and a roller carry strap that makes transport easy. If you’re training hard, it’s really important to make sure that you’re recovery process is in line with that. Using a foam roller is a great way to massage sore muscles after trail running.