A smart scale measures your body weight, body fat, BMI and more, and then syncs this data with your smartphone via Bluetooth so you can track your body weight, fat and other composition metrics on a daily basis via an app. The FitTrack Scale has been proven by independent research to track these metrics within 3% of the accuracy of a DEXA scanner, making it quite possibly the best smart scale available today for in-home use. This FitTrack Scale review (aka ‘FitTrack Dara Scale’) details what this smart scale can do including the metics it can track, how to use it and also its benefits.
FitTrack Scale Review: Table of Contents
- What is a smart scale and how does the FitTrack Dara smart scale work?
- What are the benefits of the FitTrack smart scale?
- What body metrics does the FitTrack scale measure?
- How do you use the FitTrack scale with the app?
- Using the FitTrack smart scale – Other FAQs
- Is this the best smart scale for tracking weight and BMI?
- Where to buy the FitTrack Smart Scale
- FitTrack Scale review summary
What is a smart scale and how does the FitTrack Dara scale work?
A smart body scale is a bathroom scale that measures not just your weight, but other body composition metrics, and has the capability to sync them to a smartphone app or site that records the data and allows you to track it over time.
The FitTrack smart scale works by sending small electrical signals through your body when you stand on it. These pass quickly through water and meet resistance when going through body fat tissue. The resistance is measured and used to calculate your body composition measurements.
Benefits of the FitTrack smart scale
The key benefit of these smart scales is that the FitTrack Dara offers reliable tracking of weight, BMI and other body metrics, and so it helps keep you accountable and measuring progress against personal goals. It’s great being able to easily see your body composition metrics on your smartphone app, which syncs automatically with the scale each time you step on it to weigh yourself (assuming your phone is within Bluetooth range).
What body metrics does the FitTrack scale measure?
I’ve listed below all the body metrics this smart scale tracks and records in the FitTrack smartphone app:
- Weight – Accurate to +/- 300grams
- BMI (body mass index)
- BFP (body fat percentage)
- Muscle rate (percentage)
- Body water (percentage) – Maintain optimal levels of hydration every day
- Bone mass – Discover your body’s foundational composition
- BMR (basal metabolic rate)
- Protein rate
- Metabolic age
- Visceral fat index
- Subcutaneous fat
- Standard weight – Ideal weight
- Weight control – The difference between your actual and standard weight)
- Fat mass – Get a clearer picture of your overall health
- Weight without fat
- Muscle mass – Understand if you’re losing fat, gaining strength, or both
- Protein mass
The app explains how each of these rates is calculated and where applicable tracks them against the preset low, standard and high levels for someone of your profile (taking into account factors such as your age, gender and height).
How do you use the FitTrack scale with the app?
Once set up, have your phone with the FitTrack app open within Bluetooth range of the scale (within a few feet is ideal). Then stand on the scale to measure your weight and other metrics. The scale and app will automatically sync your body composition measurements within a few seconds – the app will tell you when it’s done and you can then step off the scale. The whole process only takes a few seconds to complete which is impressive.
Using the FitTrack smart scale – other FAQs
- How much weight can the FitTrack scale support? According to their website, up to 400lb / 181kg
- Does the FitTrack sync with other health apps? Yes! FitTrack data can be synced directly with Apple Health, Google Health and other health tracking apps.
- How many people can use the FitTrack scale? This smart scale can have up to eight registered users at any one time, including children.
Is the FitTrack Dara the best smart scale available?
To truly answer this question we would have had to have tested FitTrack scale’s competitors – our past experience of smart scales is using our older Fitbit Aria Scale, and I can tell you that the FitTrack smart scale is much smaller and easier to set up and use than the Aria.
I can, however, say that if you are looking for a compact smart scale that is easy to use and reliably tracks your weight, BMI and a range of other interesting body metrics via an app, the FitTrack Dara scale is most likely what you’re looking for.
Where to buy the FitTrack smart scale
I have heard of reports of Fittrack struggling to meet demand appropriately on their own online store so I recommend buying these scales from Amazon.com.
Amazon price tracked daily below:
2 new from $89.95
FitTrack Dara Smart BMI Digital Scale - Measure Weight and Body Fat - Most Accurate Bluetooth Glass Bathroom Scale, FitTrack
|Current Price||$89.95||28th November 2020|
|Highest Price||$89.95||22nd July 2020|
|Lowest Price||$89.45||21st July 2020|
Last price changes
|$89.95||22nd July 2020|
|$89.45||21st July 2020|
FitTrack Scale Review Summary
I hope you enjoyed reading this FitTrack scale review, and that it helps solidify your decision on whether or not to buy them. Based on the scale’s quality, functionality, low price point, and other glowing reviews, I say BUY. If you have a question about these scales, please leave it in the comments below, I usually reply within a few hours.