What you need to know about Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil
Before I get into the full Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil Review, here are some key facts and answers to frequently asked questions about Charlotte’s Web and their oils:
- What is CBD Oil? CBD is short for cannabidiol. It is a phytocannabinoid found in hemp and known for supporting body and mind in a variety of ways. CBD specifically comes from the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant. (Not to be confused with oil that comes from hemp seeds, which contain no cannabinoids.)
- How much CBD is in Charlotte’s Web Oil? Charlotte’s Web offers a range of concentrations, which are described as mg/ml and currently they offer 7, 17, 50, and 60 mg/ml concentrations. The CBD Oil we have used is the 50 mg/ml concentration, which is their ‘original’ blend.
- How much THC is in Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil? As Charlotte’s Web products are CBD and not marijuana, they are all extracted from hemp (rather than marijuana) plants and contain less than 0.3% THC and so won’t get you high (THC is the compound found in higher concentrations in marijuana).
- Is Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil Full Spectrum? Yes – Charlotte’s Web is a whole-plant hemp extract with a full spectrum of phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids.
- Is Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil legal? Yes, it is legal in all 50 US States and many other countries. The CBD oil is available without prescription in the US, it is classed as a food supplement, not a drug.
- Is Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil organic? Their products are not organic-certified, but the pesticides and herbicides they use are 100% organic.
- What flavor CBD oils are available from Charlotte’s Web? We are using the Mint Chocolate flavor. Other available flavors at the time of writing include Lemon Twist, Orange Blossom, and Olive Oil.
For a lot more information, visit their website and have a read of the CBD 101 page and the FAQs page.
Table of Contents: Charlotte’s Web CBD Review
- What is Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil good for? Does using CBD Oil help with general anxiety?
- How does Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil help with running recovery?
- How do you take Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil? What is the dosage?
- What does Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil taste like?
- What is the difference between CBD Oil and CBD Gummies?
- How much does Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil cost?
- Charlotte’s Web CBD Review Summary: Rating out of 10 with Pros and Cons
What is Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil good for? Does using CBD Oil help with general anxiety?
CBD Oil is reported to offer a wide range of benefits to many people. This sounds vague, and that’s because, well, it is, but commonly-reported benefits of CBD oil are reducing general anxiety, better sleep and an increased sense of calmness. I have used Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil and CBD Gummies and my personal experience of this is explained in all the reviews listed here.
How does Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil help with running recovery?
Ok, so now we are getting into the specifics. Charlotte’s Web sent me some of their CBD Oil and CBD Gummies to try out and see how I found it benefiting my overall sense of well-being, as well as my running. I have been using their oil in the dropper format every evening and monitoring how I have been feeling in terms of speed of recovery from running and other physical training.
Using Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil has helped me in three ways:
- Relief from Exercise-Induced Inflammation: One of the stated benefits of CBD is that it helps provide relief from exercise-induced inflammation and I have indeed noticed that I recover quickly following hard training efforts. It is typical to feel sore and maybe have tender/puffy feet and ankles a day or two after a hard long run or other training efforts. However, this has been minimal over the past few weeks, despite continuing to train at the same level as I did previously. My body has felt more rested and less sore, and so I’ve actually felt more up for increasing my training volume.
- Better sleep: Another contributing factor is that CBD oil is reported to help you sleep better. I do believe that the quality of my sleep has improved – which is not only good for you in general, but also getting enough good-quality sleep when recovering from an intense physical effort helps your recovery. How do I know this? Well, I don’t know about you, but when I’ve been on a long run or raced an ultramarathon, my legs can be particularly hot and make me restless when I try to sleep that night – even if I’m really tired. I haven’t had any interrupted sleep and I am attributing at least some of this to taking Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil supplement.
- Increased sense of calm: I do feel calmer than I did before using Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil. Of course, a sense of relative calmness is intangible and therefore a difficult thing to measure, but I’ve found that I get less worked-up at the start of a race (ah, the old ‘pre-race nerves’), which indicates I have a lower propensity for general anxiety than I have experienced at other events in the past.
How do you take Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil? What is the dosage?
Charlotte’s Web CBD oil is dispensed via the dropper that comes with the bottle. The dosage depends on your needs and there is little guidance on how much to take. It is recommended by the company that you start off with 1/4 of a dropper per day, and increase it by 1/4 each day (so on day 4 you would be at 1 full dropper per day) until you feel the effects and stay at that daily dosage. I have been taking one full dropper per day.
I don’t know whether it makes a difference whether you take your CBD oil in the morning, or evening, or divide it throughout the day. However I chose to take mine at the end of the day, before brushing my teeth, so it was in my routine and presumably most effective at night when I was resting and recovering.
What does Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil taste like?
I have the Mint Chocolate flavor CBD oil. To be honest, I don’t particularly like the taste. It’s not a turn-off but doesn’t taste like Mint or Chocolate to me. For my next batch I will go for either the ‘plain’ Olive Oil flavor or try the orange or lemon flavor, as orange and lemon seem like they would blend better with the CBD oil’s taste than the Mint Chocolate option.
If you’re sensitive to the taste, Charlotte’s Web recommends mixing the oil with something else, such as in a drink, if that is your preference, rather than necessarily dropping the oil directly into your mouth. There are also other ways to take CBD supplements, including CBD Gummies, and CBD Capsules.
What is the difference between CBD Oil and CBD Gummies?
Charlotte’s Web recently introduced three varieties of CBD gummies, called ‘Sleep’, ‘Calm’ and ‘Recovery’. The gummies contain 10mg per serving, and have the advantage over CBD Oil in that:
- It is easy to get the dosage consistent each time
- Gummies are easily portable and don’t risk leaking if you take them traveling or with you during the day
- You may well prefer the taste of the CBD Gummies over the CBD Oil.
The Calm CBD Gummies I have been using are Lemon Lime flavor and taste like gummy candy, so I really enjoy taking them. If you are new to CBD supplements then for these reasons CBD gummies may be a good way to go, although as the concentration of CBD is lower than with the oil, you may not experience enough of an effect, depending on your needs.
Charlotte’s Web CBD Capsules
Another option worth a mention is the CBD Capsules. These are in a liquid-containing pill form, so there is no taste, you just swallow them (ideally with water). The other main advantage of the Capsules over the Gummies is that you can get capsules in 15mg or 25mg/ml, whereas the Gummies are 10mg/ml. The capsules don’t, however, include the additional plant-based supplements used to differentiate the Calm, Sleep and Recovery Gummies, they are solely CBD supplements, so it depends on what you’re looking for.
Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil Review: How much does it cost?
When it comes to buying CBD Oil, it can be overwhelming now given the range of companies offering similar-looking products. Our view, when it comes to food supplements, which are not as strictly monitored as medical supplements, is to look for the most trusted and reputable companies to help ensure you are getting the product you are paying for – otherwise what is the point, if it isn’t going to work as intended, you don’t know what else is in the product (or has been used in its processing) or you have to use more than the ideal dosage to start to feel any effects?
With that said, Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil is one of the more expensive options on the market, reflecting this is a high-quality, well-regarded and widely trusted product.
Prices range from $39.99 for the 7mg/ml CBD oil. The 30ml bottle of the Original Formula CBD Oil that we have been using costs $149.99.
And the CBD gummies we use are the Lemon Lime flavor Calm CDB Gummies, which cost $54.99 and are delicious.
DEALS ON OUR FAVORITE GEAR
- Chirp Wheel+ | Get $10 OFF Your Chirp Order - We can't recommend the Chirp Wheel enough for fixing back pain or simply stretching your back after a long day!
- Organifi Green Juice | Use code TK15 for 15% OFF your Organifi Order - Green Juice is our favorite immunity-boosting superfood drink mix
- Fi GPS Dog Collar (Kepler's GPS activity tracking collar) | Use code TK25 for $25 OFF
If you’re kicking-off your CBD journey it may also be worth checking out the CBD bundles Charlotte’s Web offers, as you can make good savings vs buying products separately, and they explain why certain items are paired together. The Workout Hard, Recover Harder bundle includes recovery CBD gummies and oil.
Charlotte’s Web CBD Review Summary: Rating out of 10 with Pros and Cons
I hope you enjoyed reading my Charlotte’s Web CBD review, if you have a question for me, please leave it in the comments below.