📸 Featured image photo credit: David Gonthier
Tromsø SkyRace® at 69 degrees North takes you on an arctic trip from the city of Tromsø to the most scenic wilderness area. The first ascent is over Tromsdalstind mountain, down a wild valley crossing rivers and up to the very technical Hamperokken ridge.
An exposed and sometimes narrow ridge leads to the summit of Hamperrokken at 1,404m altitude. A technical downhill to an alpine lake is followed by a wild open valley leading back to the last big climb up Tromsdalstind. The final section of the race includes another technical downhill and a smooth trail to finish back to an enthusiastic welcome in Tromsø.
When does it take place?
- August– please check the race website for this year’s exact dates.
Where does the race start?
- Tromsø – Norway
Tromsø SkyRace Profile
- Distance = 57 km
- Elevation Gain = 4,700m
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Tromsø SkyRace Reviews
Compulsory Gear for the Tromsø SkyRace
- In a mountain area, weather and conditions can change fast and the race is long. Bring the equipment you think you will need to be safe. Only a wind jacket is mandatory.
Please visit the race website to check you have all items on the list of mandatory gear.
Recommended Gear for this race
- All-mountain trail shoes
- Hydration Pack (Men’s / Women’s)
- Food reserves: gels, bars, fruit…
- Reusable Collapsible Soft water cup for liquid refreshments: for environmental reasons, cups will not be provided at the refreshment stations for fluid replacement.
- Hat or buff that covers the entire head.
- Mobile Phone