📸 Featured image photo credit: Ian Corless
In a lost valley in the majestic Andorran mountains, this extremely demanding race summits the highest point of the Principality, the Comapedrosa at 2,942m.
The start and finish is in Arinsal. Once on the trail, the first steep ascent reaches 1,958m at the Coll de les Cases through woodland. From here, the landscape opens up to follow a ridge with scarce vegetation leading to the Pic de les Fonts (2,748m). The descent is via the traditional route through the Estany Negre and the Comapedrosa hut returning to Arinsal.
With this tough 21 km loop, the ascent involves a 1,000m vertical wall over just 2 km – a challenge to satisfy the most demanding skyrunner.
When does it take place?
- July – please check the race website for this year’s exact dates.
Where does the race start?
- Arinsal, La Massana – Andorra
SkyRace Comapedrosa Profile
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Distance = 21 km
- Elevation Gain = 2,280m
SkyRace Comapedrosa Reviews
Compulsory Gear for the SkyRace Comapedrosa
- Long sleeve top
- Waterproof/windbreaker jacket with hood suitable to withstand bad weather conditions in the mountains
Please visit the race website to check you have all items on the list of mandatory gear.
Recommended Gear for this race
- All-mountain trail shoes
- Hydration Pack (Men’s / Women’s)
- Food reserves: gels, bars, fruit…
- Reusable Collapsible Soft water cup for liquid refreshments: for environmental reasons, cups will not be provided at the refreshment stations for fluid replacement.
- Hat or tubular buff that covers the entire head.
- Mobile Phone